I’m sure this can’t just be me: does anyone else out there have an unmanageable queue of planned projects? I sure do! Yesterday I forced myself to sit down and plan out what order I’ll be doing my upcoming projects in and assigned some due dates (and even start dates) to a few of them. Let’s review.
- Changing Staircases. I’m doing this shawl as a KAL (that’s knit-a-long for those of you not in the know!) with a group on Ravelry, and I’m really looking forward to starting it! The title is a Harry Potter reference, so obviously I’m all over it! I picked a gorgeous variegated yarn for it in greens, blues, and purples. It’s going to be so dreamy when it’s done, and it’ll be my first shawl! The KAL starts tomorrow, so I’m practicing some self control until then.
- Wee Winter Woolens. This is another KAL on Ravelry, starting on June 19th. It’s a series of tiny winter garments (mittens, hats, and sweaters) to use as winter/Christmas decorations. It was just so tiny and precious that I couldn’t resist! These projects will only take a couple of hours each, and it’ll only take that long because the needles are so tiny. This will be fun. A new teeny project every two weeks will be exciting.
- Beach Chair Socks Mystery KAL. Okay, I might have a KAL problem. This one is an MKAL for lightweight, summery socks made with four colors. I think this one will just be loads of fun, and I’ve never done an MKAL before, so that will be interesting. I think these will end up being a Christmas present for someone, but we’ll see how they turn out. I still need to pick colors for this, although I do have a lovely turquoise sock yarn I’m planning to use. I’ll be casting this on on 7/4 and should be done by 7/25.
- Baby Bear Hat. I might end up making several of these. I want to make one for my coworker’s baby, but he’s leaving at the end of the month, so I’m not sure if I’ll have enough time to get it done before then. I definitely also plan to make one for my pending niece/nephew (currently known as The Sea Monkey), but that can wait until closer to the baby shower in September. (Or I could put it off until closer to Christmas. So many opportunities to spoil the baby! Yay!)
- Clayoquot Toque. I think I’ll be making one of these for my partner for his birthday. I’m not totally sure. He reads this so, uh, it’s totally not happening, honey! 🙂
That’s one third of my queue currently, and all of the ones that are definitely short term projects. I think I could have all of these done by September. I’m also currently working on owls by Kate Davies, which is mostly done. I’m working on the second sleeve now (turns out second sleeves are just as boring and tedious as second socks–groan), but once that’s done, I’ll just need to do the gorgeous yoke and it’s pretty much done! Okay, I’ll actually need to weave in the ends, graft the underarms, block it, and sew on eyes, but that’s quick enough to finish. I’ve been forcing myself to keep working on the sleeves rather than jump straight into the Changing Staircases KAL, but I think they might end up hibernating after tomorrow. I’ll try to get some pictures of the sweater thus far up here soon. In the mean time, you can check out my project page to read my notes and see my progress.
Check back here soon for posts on canning, gardening, and baking! I swear they’re all coming soon! And thanks, as always, for reading. 🙂